Grow is Trinity's working theory of spiritual formation.
We believe that we can find deeper connection with God and His abundant life when we embrace these seven postures as part of our daily lifestyle.
Crafting a Rule of Life
A rule of life is “A schedule, set of practices, and relational rhythms that create space for us to be with Jesus, become like Jesus, and do what Jesus would do if He were us.” - John Mark Comer
The template below is a starting point to craft a rule of life based on the GROW postures.
1. Learning: daily scripture reading and reflective prayer, ideally at the start of the day before engaging with news, social media, email, or anything digital. Simply be with God and His word in the quiet.
2. Sharing: daily prayer for those in your life who do not know Jesus.
(Resource: invite people to online Alpha)
3. Practices: choose one spiritual discipline on which to focus for a period of time and aim to practice it daily.
4. Relationships: connect at least weekly with other Christians to share how you are doing and encourage one another.
(Resource: Trinity Groups)
5. Practices – Weekly Sabbath: Ideally a 24 hour period to stop, rest, delight, and worship.
6. Gather: in-person or online with your church family for worship, teaching and creating space for the Spirit.
(Resource: Plan a Sunday Visit)
7. Sacrifice – Serving: Find an opportunity to serve others and make sacrifice of your time.
(Resource: Serving Opportunities)
8. Sacrifice – Generosity: Make financial giving a weekly act of worship to God.
(Resource: Giving & Generosity at Trinity)
Learn about each Grow posture in these messages: